Acne is a complex condition with varied causes. In extreme cases medication will be necessary but, in general, the skin can be brought back into balance by restoring normal populations of skin microflora. This can be done with some basic lifestyle choices and careful attention to the products that are applied to the skin.
- Maintain acid mantle – make sure that all skincare products are pH balanced at 4,5
- Eat fermented foods like sauerkraut and kimchi to improve microbial diversity in your gut
- Take a good quality ingestible probiotic supplement with topical, live probiotics to outcompete the acne causing species
- Use gentle defoliants and avoid harsh abrasive exfoliators. Thickened skin is a cause of pimples but exfoliation is not a long-term solution as the skin will respond with more rapid cell division at basal cell level
- Avoid drying cleansers and toners with alcohol – both can impact on the health of your skin’s natural microflora
- Acne skin scars easily and these scars need to be properly managed to make sure that they are not permanent
- Wear a hat in the sun
Toner Plus activates the skin’s immune system and normalises microbiome imbalances.
Serum is rich in prebiotics for healthy skin flora balance.
Clay Mask absorbs excess sebum and draws out blackheads.
Repair Oil rapidly heals acne scarring.